- History – The Gerontological Society Singapore was founded in March 1986 by a multi-disciplinary group consisting of geriatricians, psychiatrists, social scientists, physiotherapists, and other professionals. We are registered as a charitable organization with IRAS as well as a member of:
- NUS Gerontological Research Programme
- the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (IAGG) and
- International Association of Gerontology Asia/ Oceania Region.
- 1989 – member of The Advisory Council on the Aged
- 1999 – member of The Inter-Ministerial Committee on the Ageing Population
- 2006 – member of Committee on Ageing Issues
- 2007 – member of Council for Third Age
- 2011 – Asia Scientific Conference on Ageing
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 – Annual Scientific Conference on Ageing
- Promote and encourage cooperation between organizations and individuals interested in Gerontology.
- Promote the interests and influence of organizations concerned with Gerontology.
- Promote, improve and encourage training in Gerontology
- Promote Gerontological research.
- organize educational talks/ seminars/ conferences
- publish newsletters and papers on Gerontological research
- networking with other Gerontological organizations